Welcome to the Huntington City-Township Public Library
Located in the heart of downtown Huntington, the Huntington City-Township Public Library serves the city of Huntington, Huntington Township and the town of Markle in Indiana with over 160,000 books, movies, music CDs, audiobooks, video games, events, workshops and more. For a full view of the services we provide the community, click Site Menu at the top of the page and explore our website.
Current library services
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our library services are limited. Below is an always-current summary of the services we’re offering and any other limitations in place.
- Both the Huntington and Markle libraries are open for regular business hours.
- Seating inside both libraries is limited and spaced apart for social distancing.
- Public computers are available and spaced apart to support social distancing.
- The Keefer Genealogy Center is open.
- Notary services are now available at the Huntington Library.
- Friends of the Library is not accepting donations at this time.
- Toys are not available in the Children’s area.
- Community rooms are limited to 50% capacity.
- Study rooms are open to one (1) person at a time.
- All items returned to the library will be held in a 48-hour quarantine. These items may temporarily show as overdue if returned on or near their due date. This will be corrected when the items are checked in.
New! Free access to homework help and more at Tutor.com with your library card
All library card holders can now access and use Tutor.com for free! With live tutors available for 1 on 1 help from 3-10 p.m. each day, and more, Tutor.com is here to help you get through the 2021 school year.
OverDrive and Libby – tens of thousands of eBooks and eAudiobooks at your fingertips
Visit our OverDrive collection to borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks to your smartphone, tablet, or Kindle free of charge. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Note: RBDigital is now part of our OverDrive collection.
Hoopla – Instantly read, watch, or listen books, movies, music & more
Hoopla has no waits or holds. Instantly download anything you want to read, watch, or listen to. All free with your library card.
Latest from the blog
Contact library staff
Have a question? Need help with something? Contact us using this form, or by emailing email@example.com and we’ll be in touch.
See where your tax dollars are spent with Indiana Gateway
Almost all of the money that pays for your library comes from your county taxes. To see those taxes at work, you can use the Indiana Gateway website.
It shows you how much tax support the library receives, your local tax rate, library expenditures, and how all that has changed over time. It also provides financial information for other local government agencies, as well as educational performance data for schools.