The Friends of the Huntington City-Township Public Library are selling a collection of 70 art prints, paintings, and sketches.
Fine Art Collection
The fine art sale collection includes high-quality prints that have been removed from the library’s circulating collection. These prints feature some famous works of art and major artists. There are also some prints from local artists. The items that have been removed from the circulating collection may have some wear and tear from use over the years. Many of them also have library labels and writing on the back.
The fine art collection also features several original pieces by local artists Barbara Martin Smith, John Hohe, and Jayne Hall Parker.
This sale also features a set of 23 original sketches by author and illustrator Jose Aruego. Aruego authored 82 children’s books over his more than 35 year career. In 1993, he visited the Huntington Library to present a writing workshop. At that time he produced many marker sketches of strange and wonderful characters. These sketches are all signed and completely unique.
The sale also includes 3 sketches by noted children’s illustrator Paul Zelinsky. Zelinsky visited the library at some point and left us 3 original signed sketches.
How the Sale Works
- The artworks will be sold by silent auction. This will be a blind auction with the highest bid winning the auction.
- Bidders may choose to allow for a maximum bid amount. In this case, bids will be increased by increments of $1 until the highest bid price is reached.
- In the case of a tie bid, the first offer received will be the winning bid.
- Bids will be accepted starting May 1.
- All bids must be entered no later than 8 AM May 16.
- Bids may be submitted electronically at this Google Form link or on paper at the Huntington Library.
- All of the artwork will be available for in-person viewing at the Huntington Library from May 1-16 during regular library hours.
- All winning bidders will be contacted no later than 5PM on May 18th. Winning bidders will have 3 days to pick up and pay for their items. Any items not claimed after 3 days will go to the next highest bidder.
- All auction related questions can be directed to email@example.com
All proceeds from the auction will benefit the Friends of the Library group which provides funding for library programs and services.