What would you like to know today?
The Reference Department is your ideal stop for any information or help you require. Our reference department consists of the Reference Desk, where our staff can help you find what you’re looking for, be it in digital or print format; our Reference computers, where you can look up information yourself, check your email or fill out job applications; and our Reference Collection — not just dictionaries and encyclopedias written on many hundreds of subjects, but also online databases, which you can access at the library or from home. Whether you’re looking for a phone number for a company, want to use a computer, or need help researching a school topic, the Reference Department is here to help!
The Library staff can help you learn to use our computers to create resumes, file unemployment claims, practice for standardized tests, use e-mail, renew your state licenses online, and explore many other computer resources.
- 13 internet stations: 60 minutes/day with your library card number and 6 digit pin.
- Don’t live in our district? Ask for a visitor pass, good for 60 minutes/day.
- Public scanner available
- Low Vision/ADA computer station
- 5 DWD stations available for filing unemployment, using IndianaCareerConnect, & job hunting
- Need to Print? $.20/page black & white, $1.00/page color
Would you like to borrow an item that we don’t have but another library does?
Use Inter-Library Loan (ILL) to get it!
Bring your library card to either HCTPL location, and ask the library staff about requesting items through our Inter-Library Loan Service! Call or stop by the Reference Desk for more information.