Friends demonstrate their belief by giving their time and money to support library activities, securing materials & services and promote the library as an active, dynamic education & information center in the community.[/gn_quote]
What Friends of the Library does.[gn_list style="plus"]
- Operates the Annual Holiday Book Boutique on the first Saturday in December
- Operates the Annual Used Book Sale the week before Heritage Days in June
- Assists with the Children’s Room activities
- Provides activity packets for hospitalized children
- Helps fund and promote young adult activities
- Helps fund Summer Reading Programs for all ages
- Provides funding for special programs at both the Main Library and the Markle Branch
- Provides extra needs for library programs for all ages
- Provides “perks” for Junior Volunteers
- Operates magazine recycling/resale booth
- Operates a year-round book sale in the lobby of the Main Library
- Provides a coffee machine in the lobby of the Main Library
- Helps address other specific needs not in the library’s budget
- Purchases various items for the library, such as a popcorn machine for library activities, new tables for the public meeting rooms, a new globe for the Main Library and an awning for the entrance to the Markle Branch
Become a member today.
By joining the Friends of the Library for the Huntington City-Township Public Library & Markle Branch, you become a part of a group of conscientious citizens who contribute their time and talents to our most valuable public resource, your public library!
So if you:
- Believe in a public library where information, education, and recreation should be available to all people,
- Value books and reading in your own life and want to associate with others who do as well,
- Derive personal satisfaction from supporting the library, and through it, the community as a whole —
Then, please, join Friends of the Library for the Huntington City-Township Public Library & Markle Branch! Together we can develop a blueprint for success and build a solid future for our library and community.
[gn_button link="http://www.huntingtonpub.lib.in.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/FoL-Membership-Form.pdf" color="#4594f2" size="3" style="1" dark="0" radius="5" target="blank"]Download FoL Registration Form[/gn_button]
For additional information, call either the Huntington Main at 356-0824 or the Markle Branch at 758-3332. If you’d like to join, you can print out the membership form above and bring it to the Main Library or Markle Branch, or stop in and pick up a form at either library as well.