Right Tools for the Job
April 1 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 6:00pm on day First of the month, repeating until 11/04/2019
Each session will focus on teaching tools genealogists and local historians love and use to do their work.
- February: Preparing the Groundwork – Genealogy 101
- March: Choosing Your Blueprints – Introduction to the Indiana Room and library online catalog
- April: Laying the Foundation – Using Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org
- May: Nailing Down the Details – Using Newspapers.com and NewspaperArchive
- June: Drilling Down the Details – Fold3 and finding military records
- July: Hammering Out the Problems – Archive.org and the Wayback Machine
- August: no program
- September: no program
- October: Color Swatches – Preserving family photos
- November: Painting the Walls – Creative ways to preserve and share your family history
- December: no program
We are interested in making library events, workshops, and activities more relevant and valuable to you. Please take our very short survey below – if you have a child, feel free to fill it out with information you’d like for them, too! Thank you.