The Friends of the Library is a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting libraries in their various needs. Our Friends group is currently gearing up for the Holiday Book Boutique, as well as the new year. This means they’re looking for both item donations and new members!
Friends Members get many benefits, such as early access to the book sales and a limited number of library fine forgiveness opportunities, without much requirement in return. For more information on how to join, visit the Friends of the Library page on our website:Friends of the Library →
The Friends always accept donations, which can be brought to the Circulation Desk at the Huntington Main Library any time during library open hours. If you have books that are like-new quality, the Friends would especially like to receive those before December 3rd, so they can be included in the Holiday Book Boutique sale. Items the Friends accept donations of are:
- fiction books in hardcover or mass market paperback
- non-fiction books in hardcover or mass market paperback
- Magazines from the past 6 months
- movies (VHS, DVD & Bluray)
- music CDs and cassettes
- children’s books
- antiquarian/rare/collectible books
- foreign language learning books (with English instructions)
While the variety of items accepted is wide, there are items the Friends of the Library will not take as donations. These include:
- Any items with mildew, mold or dirt
- Damaged items (very small cosmetic damage is fine; page tears or cover/spine damage is not)
- Magazines older than 6 months
- Home-made items
- Handwritten items
- Pamphlets/leaflets/newspaper clippings, etc.
- Any other “items” like writing utensils, notebooks, etc.