If you have a title you wish to read or watch that’s in our collection but currently checked out, you can place that title On Hold for you. This means that when it’s returned, it will not go back to its shelf, but instead go to the next person on the Holds list. You can place items On Hold while in the library by asking a library staff member, but you can also do it from the comfort of your own home using our online catalog. Here’s how:
- Log into your account on our online catalog at http://hctp.ent.sirsi.net/ .
- Search for the item you wish to place On Hold.
- Once you find the item, click the Place Hold button to the right of the title.
- Select at which library you’d like to pick up the item.
- Click the Place Hold(s) button.
You can do this any time you want, any place you want (as long as you have an Internet connection). When the title is available to you, a library staff member will call you to let you know, and you’ll have 3 days to stop by and pick it up.