Have you ever stood in the library, reading the back of a book and wondering if you’ve read it before? Have you wished you had a record of the items you’ve checked out? Today’s Tuesday Tip makes this happen! It’s possible to keep track of every item you check out from the library (except eBooks, due to how they must be handled through OverDrive) — you just have to enable it. Here’s how:
- Visit our online catalog at http://hctp.ent.sirsi.net
- Log in to your account at the top of the page.
- Once logged in, click the My Account link next to your name at the top.
- Once in your account, go to the Personal Information tab.
- In the Personal Information tab, scan to the bottom of the tab for the checkbox labeled Show my checkout history.
- Before clicking Update, make sure to read the red text. This lets you know that if you do not enable your checkout history, it is not tracked in our system. By enabling this, you are telling our system to keep track of every item you check out, which can be seen by our staff.
- If you agree to our terms in red text, click the Update button.
- That’s it! Your checkout history is now enabled, and you will have a tab appear under the Checkouts section of your account titled Checkout History. It cannot keep track of items you’ve checked out previous to enabling your history, but anything you check out once you enable it will appear in the Checkout History list.